– Remotely-sensed image analysis to infer seismogenic faults.
– Structural field mapping.
– Seismic data analysis.
– Analysis of macroseismic intensity to infer earthquake epicentre.
– Numerical modelling of strain and stress induced by faulting.
– Analogue modelling of tectonic processes.
– Remotely-sensed image analysis to infer volcanic features.
– Numerical modelling of strain and stress induced by dyke intrusions.
– Field mapping of volcanic features.
– Analogue modelling of volcanic and volcano -tectonic processes.
– Analogue modelling of dyke intrusions.
COMPUTER AND PROGRAMMING
– Data analysis in GIS, MATLAB and MATLAB GUI environments, and geodatabase handling.
– Remotely-sensed image analysis.
Good command of:
– Geographical Information Systems-GIS: ArcGis 9.2, ArcView 3.3, QGIS and geodatabase handling.
– Numerical modelling: COULOMB 3.3.
– Software for structural geology.
– Programming languages: MATLAB, PASCAL, C/C++, JAVA, SQL (access) and ASSEMBLER.